We are excited that one week from today our auditions will start for our upcoming production of William Inge’s “Bus Stop”! (see our Audition page)
If you or anyone you know has a desire to act we encourage you to come out and invite your friends too! You can use our Facebook Events to let us know that you are coming and feel free to invite your friends. We also have it listed on our Google Plus profile. (Day 1 & Day 2)
Let’s meet the characters in this timeless classic romantic comedy!
- Grace Hoylard (Female late 30s to 50s) – Owner of the diner, a “grass widow”. She is pretty in a fading, hard-bitten way. She has a passionate side to her nature, loving a good fight and the attentions of a good man.
- Elma Duckworth (Female mid-teens) – An intelligent, but naive and impressionable high school girl. She is Grace’s waitress.
- Will Masters (Male late 30s to 50s) – The local sheriff. Tough as nails and brusque in manner, but goodhearted and a staunch Christian, described as a “deacon of his church”. A highly “moral” man in the general sense of the word.
- Dr. Gerald Lyman (Male late 30s to 60s) – A college philosophy professor who is articulate and charming but cannot hold a position, partially due to his resistance to any kind of authority, and partially due to his unfortunate taste for young women. He also has an obvious drinking problem.
- Cherie (Female Late teens to early 20s) – A pretty young woman who comes from a difficult “hill folk” background, and has left her innocence far behind. She is an aspiring nightclub singer, but has never worked in any establishment above the level of “cheap dive”.
- Bo Decker (Male Late Teens to 20s) – A brash young cowboy with boorish manners that hide a naivete almost as profound as Elma’s. He has convinced himself that Cherie will be his bride, though Cherie wants nothing to do with him.
- Virgil Blessing (Male late 30s to 50s) – An older, wiser cowboy who has become a father figure to Bo (who was orphaned at the age of ten) as well as Bo’s head ranch hand.
- Carl (Male Late 30s to early 50s) – The bus driver, who has an ongoing “just passing through” relationship with Grace.
We hope to see you at the auditions!